RE: Slash Matters/cat 5 guitar leads

> > For an old fart like you, maybe it was just an obvious ripoff.
> > But for kids at the time, his "look" and influences helped millions
> > of kids (like myself at the time) delve into those older records,
> > influences, etc.
>
> I would love to see anyplace where Slash ever talked about anything
> about his influences, or for that matter encouraged anyone to look
> up the people who did the work he picked up on.
>
> > Granted, he may not have been an originator, but he definitely
> > helped keep the originators' influences alive and made them
> > relevant and "cool" to kids like me.
>
> In order to do that, again, he would have had to tell people what
> his influences are.

I would argue that that's not necessarily true. I'm not a fan of
Slash or G&R and probably fall more into the "old fart" category
myself. But ... people who find themselves seriously getting into
the stylings of particular musicians have a habit of sniffing out
the influences on their own.

We all have friends, parents, siblings right? How many times have
any of us heard "if you like that, you should check this out". Tis
what makes the world go round ... thankfully.

Glenn