once more: sync fun w/two repeaters + fcb1010

Oh tale of woe, my beloved repeater suffers from accelerated
decrepitude: the tempo knob is busted, power supply has to be taped
into place 'cause it crackles...I fear the end is near...

But that's not my subject today. This question is a variation on one I
have asked in the past.

I've got 2 repeaters. Using one midi pedal, I want to get repeater 02
to receive midi sync from repeater 01.
I have the FCB1010 controlling both repeaters on different channels.

FCB1010 -> repeater 01 midi in
repeater 01 thru -> repeater 02 midi in

problem: repeater 02 does not receive midi clock from repeater 01.

I used to work around this by recording a blank loop on repeater 02 and
then would twiddle the tempo knob to match the tempo of the loop in
repeater 01. But that was a brain-dead solution and.. well...clearly
I've been twiddling that knob too much!!

Am I daft? Does anyone know another way to achieve this?

Thanks very, very much. Zoe