From: redrum123 [mailto:redrum123@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: 08 January 2004 21:07
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: EDP Memory socket broken?

This little anecdote brings up a problem I've had (used to bother me a
lot
more, now just an annoyance).

My second memory slot seems to have failed.  I have an old whiteface EDP
picked up used, with full upgrades, and after reseating the chips once,
noticed that sometimes the loop would eventually (and suddenly) become
white
noise.  Hitting undo a bunch sometimes fixed this, sometimes.  I fixed
the
problem by taking out one of the memory sticks, and have since ran with
only
half the max memory.  Swapping the memory sticks has shown that the
problem
is not with the memory itself, so i assume the second memory slot is
busted.

Any reports of this happening for anyone else?  Anything I overlooked,
or
any simple solution?

If I ever wanted this repaired, would it be possible?  Who would I
contact?

-gsc.