From: mjnoble [mailto:not8ohm@iinet.net.au]
Sent: 08 January 2004 05:27
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: used edp - strange humming

Hi folks,

An aquaitance of mine happened to have a an edp just sitting around
which was rescued from a tech disposal at the music store he works at
(yes, it was going to be thrown out!).  Thing is, he is prepared to sell

it to me at a potentially unbeatable price.

Are there any caveats to look for when buying a used edp.  Its maxed out

in memory already,  has no footpedal, but appears to be working
perfectly except for a loud electromechanical sounding humming coming
from the lid near the power supply.  It only hums when the lid is on the

unit however - without the lid it seems like a perfectly operational
edp.  Anybody out there have any ideas what this humming might be?  Do
all edps hum like this?  I wouldn't want to buy the unit and have it die

on me straight away, as getting it fixed here in Australia might not be
the easiest thing.

thanks in advance for any replies,

Michael Noble