Re: sustainer system

The Smokie works fairly well, with certain limitations - the frequency
selectivity being the main one I think. With the one guitar I tried it
with,
it would 'respond' perhaps on 30-40% of the scale, centered around certain
favored keys and their octaves / integer multiples. Pre-distorting is a
good
idea, think I'll try that.

Playing touch style seems to work best so that you can use the pick hand
position the Smokie at the most susceptible position over the string (or
behind the string, as contact to the back of the neck gives the most
gain/feedback).

All of this is just looping with the repetition frequency inside the
audible
spectrum of course ;-)

Nic