Re: Is there a timing quantizer available?

try a tremolo pedal which has a square wave output.   My electrix moFX has
nice tremolo unit which syncs to midi (or tap tempo) and has a dial for
tempo subdivisions.  It won't change when you play the notes, it'll just
only allow sound through on the beat and shortly after.  (Kind of like
turning the volume knob off and on really quickly back and forth, or
rhythmically pressing and releasing a momentary mute switch).

Its fun to create a long pad loop, then start slowly crossfading in the
tremolo effect so that a rhythmic pulse eventually appears.  The moFX has
several pulse widths, as well as triangle and sine waves too.  It can also
effect any combination of bass/mids/treble bandwidths which can be really
cool.

Jon

>  I've been enjoying practicing with my Boomerang and now I'm wondering if
there exists some kind of
>timing quantizer stomp box for guitar that will quantize notes to the
nearest 8th, 16th, 32nd, or whatever is