Re: Godlyke Power all

--- John Mazzarella <jmazzarella@erols.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info John,
>     Excuse my ignorance in such matters, but the
> Adrenalinn is rated at
> 7.5 DC.  The Godlyke is 9 volts.  Does that just
> give the Adrenalinn
> some extra juice?  I've had some problems with the
> Adrenalinn's audio
> cutting out.  Someone suggested that giving it some
> extra juice would
> solve the problem becuase the cutting out is due to
> some occasional
> brown outs.  Any thoughts on that?

The on-line manual for the Adrenalinn II states that
you can use any PS that provides 7.5 to 10 volts DC,
is rated at at least 500ma, & is center pin positive.
The Godlyke provides 9 volts DC & is rated well above
500ma. I can't remember, it's either 1.6 or 1.7 amps.
The provided red adapter takes care of the reverse
polarity.

I'm using the original Adrenalinn & the Godlyke works
like a charm. The hardest part about using the Godlyke
is tracking down the power ratings for the various
boxes you want it to power. It might be printed on
the equipment, in the manual, or on the company's
website. It might even require an email to customer
support. Sometimes the company throws you a curve by
providing an AC power supply for a unit that actually
operates on DC. This was the case with my Line6 DL-4
& ART X-15. Once you determine you can use 9v DC
power, you need to know if the center pin is + or -.
If center is positive, you need an adapter between
the device & the Godlyke. The Godlyke comes with a
good assortment & you can order extras if you need
them. You will also want to know how many ma are
REQUIRED to operate the device. You want the Godlyke
to remove as many wall-warts as possible without
starting to smell funny. If you have a lot of stuff
that can be used with the Godlyke, you might want to
maintain a data base that lists all of the power info
& even put some color coded sticky labels on your
equipment to indicate if an adapter is needed.

I've already bought a 2nd Godlyke. The one in my rack
powers my Oberheim Drummer, Adrenalinn, JKJ CV-5, &
Roland GI-10. The one on the floor handles an
assortment of Boss & Dano pedals as well as the X-15,
DL-4, & a Roland PK-5. How many tons of wall-warts
is that? :)

John

=====
John Tidwell