OT: the coldness of drum machines

Daniel Zachary wrote:
"Oh and I love drum machine's coldness"

Ironically, Daniel,  I , too, love the coldness of drum machines at times.

I've even gone so far as constructing an acoustic drum set that sounds as
much as possibly like a
Roland TR808.  In concert with my wife's beautiful, melancholic and
extremely minimal songs
, I try to play as perfectly and mechanically as possible to
simulate a drum machine or a perfect loop.

 I've even constructed a  kit with three very tight 6", 8" and 10" snares
so
that I can
do buzz rolls that sound like playing up and down the keyboard sampler in
Drum and Bass and with 16" crappy old 1960's japanese crash cymbals
and an incredibly detuned 14" X 10"  ludwig snare with a flappy 26" kick to
simulate pitching down an octave to get trip hop simulations.

Oddly, though,  I don't like it when people try to make drums sound
realistic and they are far off the mark.  Queer, isn't it?

yours,  Rick