Re: Zoom 2100

Title:

The 2100 is cool and unique.  That said, I'd sell mine for $60! ;)  plus shipping which would be cheap...

The longest looping times - 32 seconds at lower fidelity, 16 at hi (sorry, can't remember sample rates) - are pure sampling, no sound-on-sound.  There is a 10-second delay which is sound-on-sound, and can be combined with other efx.  There are ugly distortions, a cool ring mod, decent phaser, etc.  Also, there's an interesting mode which is my favorite, in that you can record three five-second samples and trigger them using three of the pedals - yes, even at the same time.  Unfortunately they don't repeat on their own, you have to hold down your foot the whole time.  Can result in some serious ballet dancing.

Here's a link to the old product page (it's discontinued) and to the downloadable manual.

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1628&brandID=4

Daryl Shawn
highhorse@mhorse.com

I'm intrigued about the zoom 2100's looping capabilities

I know a couple of people from this list have used them - could you let me know what the unit is like? Can it do sound on sound, etc?

There's one going for cheap so i might buy it to satisfy my curiosity!