KP1 vs. KP2 post scriptum

Hi there,

having played my first performance using the Kaoss Pad II yesterday, may I
add to my last post (or rather private mail, which got replied to here) the
following:

The KP2 lacks these wonderful, distorted filters the KP1 had. Maybe I just
did not understand to use the KP2's filters correctly, but I kept longing
for KP1's specific filter sounds (which I was using all the time).

On the other hand, the KP2 does some things the KP1 doesn't, and these make
the point for me: being able to take two independent samples in parallel to
every algorithm, and then effect these with any algorithm is wonderful.
Having MIDI-synced delay/modulated delay and gating effects, and one
"looper" where you can successively trim a short loop to do these
well-known
rave/house cadencas is also an option I don't want to play without. And
there are even some usable synth sounds and patterns (the latter ones also
synced to MIDI).

So, the short version: If you want lots of cool options, get the KP2. If
you
want the cool filters, get the KP1 instead. If you need both, get both...

Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de
The Straschill Family Group - www.straschill.de
Clean Trippin' - www.dpeg.de