Re: WHAT COULD WE DO BETTER?

i have to agree with this statement completely. if you are playing engaging music... people will listen.   there will always be that percentage of people in the audience that want to see something physically happening on stage in addition to the music. i suppose people are just visually overstimulated by tv and movies and expect it everywherein their entertainment.       My approach to this is to just be myself and play my ass off, as i expect most everyone in this group does when they play.          if an audience want to see a lot of showboating on stage, then they should go check brittany or justin...but if they want to hear music for mind and body then they will stay. most of my favorite groups and performers have been dull visually to watch on stage like, miles,the dead,sonic youth,tortoise,etc.               there is an appropriate music for every context. the challenge at times for me, is finding that appropriate context in which my music will fit in the best.         btw, like the thread...good discussion.

peace,

shane

Browse styles for all ages, from the latest looks to cozy weekend wear at MSN Shopping. And check out the beauty products!