Re: boring old qustion about foot controlling the echoplex

Hi Marc,

I'm using one FCB1010 to control my EDP, my Repeater and my Akai MFC42
filter bank. These three devices are of course set to three different midi
channels and I have configures the FCB to send the appropriate midi data
over those three midi channels. I think there is no problem with
controlling
many devices from one FCB1010 as long as you can step between different FCB
banks.

You have to put some planning into how you're going to lay out the banks on
your FCB, it depends on what you want to do with the loopers. I have been
trying out many concepts but the one I'm staying with now is three main FCB
banks. One for EDP only, one for "EDP most used features" together with
filter bank commands and finally a third bank for the Repeater (record,
overdub, undo, multiply, reverse and then four buttons to record enable
each
of the for tracks. Earlier on I was using two banks for the Repeater
because
I wanted to be able to record many loops into the Repeater and easily step
through them. But I took this away and decided to only work with one
Repeater loop by overdubbing stuff into the four tracks. That way I can
stay
in Repeater RAM all the time and never have to worry about those horrible
"CFC card to slow" or "tempo to fast" messages.

When programming your FCB, please remember the useful possibility to assign
two midi commands to one foot pad. First I was using one pad to change EDP
speed between HalfSpeed and FullSpeed but now I have found a good reason to
use two pads instead and keep a program change command as well on each pad.
So pad one gives me HalfSpeed and program 3 (set to 16 8th/cycle) while pad
two gives me FullSpeed and program 2 (set to 8 8th/cycle). This means that
any midi clock gear synced to the EDP will not go down to half tempo or up
to double tempo when I'm doing tempo jump recordings into the EDP.

On the combo bank EDP/filter I have only the one speed button to toggle
between the two speeds without changing EDP bank. So then I'm not locked
into using only two EDP banks all the time.

Well.... Just a couple of hints. Hope it makes some sense... didn't mean to
post that much really ;-)

--
Best wishes

Per Boysen