Re: FC-200 with EDP

> << ...but if some can make an EDP controller from one of these
>  please do tell >>
>
>  Well.. for what it's worth (since glenn and I have already talked about
this

>  ;)... this is what I'm currently using.  I use the FC-200 to control
>patch
>  changes on 3 different FX units, via CC mode to control both a Repeater
and
> an
>  EDP, and even dabble in note mode some (via a synth module).  The only
real
>  trick I guess is switching modes.  In addition to it's 6 expansion
>jacks
> though,
>  there's actually a 7th jack that takes a FS-5U and is used to switch
modes.

>  You can set how many of the four modes it cycles through.  I actually
>have
> it
>  set to just two, so my FS-5U changes the FC-200 back and forth from
>patch
> change
>  mode to CC mode.  When I want the note mode, I angle my size 13 shoes
> just
>  hit the little tiny mode button with the edge of my toe.  Tricky.. but
>  do-able.

thank's for that Tom, that sort of
info is actually pretty hard to come by.
(because Roland don't put manuals on-line)

any chance you could give a quick run down
of how that device deals with sending to different MIDI channels?
( the other question we always ask is, how much time
between pressing the switch and getting a response)

andy butler