Re: evangelize EDP please

Thought I would throw my own feelings about the Repeater back into the
ether:

I have a Repeater already, but am considering getting an EDP as well.
My feeling was (and this has been reinforced by some of the writings on
this mailing list, both technical and conceptual) that the EDP has more
depths in terms of the possibility of random musicality. One of  the
ways I use the Repeater is to record a musically straightforward, even
'pretty' loop of indeterminate length. I then flip out of overdub mode,
and start to insert material, gradually breaking down the structure of
the piece, taking it in mostly unpredictable directions.

It looks like the EDP would lend itself more to this kind of approach,
(I assume) due to features like Insert/Divide etc. My understanding (am
I wrong?) is that the EDP will quantise insertions to the beat, which
would obviously make it easier to create a 'musical' effect (which may
be desirable from time to time).

Paul