RE: EDP in europe - freeing 350 warehoused units

I don’t really think you understand the whole philosophy behind the EDP. It is only through the passion of two of the original designers, Kim & Matthias that it is still in production today. Gibson has never really been interested in it as the market is just so tiny compared to guitars. This hasn’t stopped Kim, Matthias and many other LD members from providing help, advice and fixes for any problems users may have, not to mention continued software development. This support is very rare for any product in any market. I try to help customers with problems; sending out parts and mailing info. We don’t get paid by Gibson for any service work on EDPs new or old and I actually pay for shipping spares out of my own pocket. This is because I’ve been involved in making it for 5 years and met many really good people because of it; Matthias has stayed with me a number of times, he’s a great bloke and a good friend.

The result of getting Gibson to sort this mess out and get the EDPs out there would be to help our very small company to keep our heads above water. We have no shareholders or board of directors; there’s just me Simon and Ian running things and a few good engineers who put everything together. The interest charges on the debt from Gibson alone have pretty much wiped out any profit we may have made on the deal. Kim & Matthias would also get paid the software royalties that they are owed and allow them to continue development.

These EDPs will get to market; that’s a certainty. Whether it be via Gibson channels or other means is questionable, but it has to happen soon.

Anyone got a spare £150000? They’re yours.

Oh, and I’m getting some badges made up, ‘free the 350!’

Gotta keep smiling J