Re: Y2K3 (was) Timothy's last . . .

Rick,

In a message dated 10/8/03 4:52:26 AM, looppool@cruzio.com writes:

>I'm also extremely excited to say that it looks like the wonderful
>looping musician James Sidlo (of Honey Barbara fame) is considering
>flying in from San Antonio, Texas at the last minute to perform on
>Sunday. What a thrill for me personally, I really dig Honey Barbara's
>intelligent avante pop/loopy sensibity

I only have their "I-10 & Wave Ave." disc that came free with a year's
subscription to Emigre magazine a couple annums back. Quite cool
stuff really. I hope he does decide to come on out. What a treat!

As for the rest of it, I am in shock and awe that "sombody" stuck me
in the "Night of the Looping Guitarists" -- smack dab bwetween "Mr.
Ambient' himself, Mark Hamburg and the redoubtable "Mr. Tone," aka
Bill Walker (no wonder Seymour Duncan has him play in his NAMM booth).
Talk about yer fear and trepidation. 3 more days to go . . I'd beter start
duting off the gear and practicing up -- or working on a good excuse at
least, huh? (Heheh)

But I am totally into hearing everyone else too (hearing/seeing what
the returnees bring back this year . . . and then checking out all the
newbies and Y2K3 first-timers too). I'm quite hyped about the coming
weekend of loopiness. I've heard so much about Brian Kenney Fresno
I can hardly wait. The possible addition of Sidlo would be terrific.

How are you gonna top this next year Rick? Evenings of Torn, Tibbets,
Frisell and Klobuchar? Oh yeah . . . guitarist Michael K. is performing
THIS year already (on Sunday afternoon at 2:30, I believe). See ya
soon Michael! I'm lookin' forward to it. Be there or be square, y'all!

Best,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.mp3.com/tedkillian
http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html