RE: Echoplex DP instant replay

Wouldn't you be able to just start an empty loop on the EDP before you
begin
to play, trigger overdub when you reach the desired loop length then begin
your volume swells?

By the way - you failed to bring up a very strong point regarding Fripp. He
sits down when he plays so both feet are free to roam around :)