RE: Electrix repeater which 256MB cf card???

> From: Jonathan [mailto:ssrndpty@hotmail.com]
>
> Lexar don't. I have one.
>
> Let me know us know if any of you find out, off-list. Info like this
> needs to be placed on the product page or otherwise widely disseminated.
>

> Hell, why doesn't everyone list the cards they have, and the approximate
> age of the card. Mine:
>
> Lexar, 256 meg, 2003, doesn't work at all
>
> I have another, that does work, but it's in my repeater at home. I'll
> post tomorrow.

Simpletech cards USED to be the best for the Repeater, but they can't keep
steady suppply of the "fast" controllers, so now apparently it's hit or
miss. I use an older (2 year old?) Simpletech 128mb card that works fine.

There is some info about the CFC controller speed problem on the old
Electrix forum. Go here, and choose the "Repeater" forum:

http://www.electrixpro.com/UBB/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Set the date to "show topics from last year" and track the info on CFC's.
There is a post from June stating that Simpletech 256mb cards from
newegg.com work, but I don't know if the current stock qualifies.

Best thing to do (IMO) is get a Simpletech card from a local retailer like
Office Max or something, so you can return it if it doesn't work, and try
somewhere else.

Mike Barrs