Re: OT -- oberheim matrix 1000 vs. matrix 6 ???

At 2:29 PM -0400 10/7/03, Fsksync@aol.com wrote:
>Is there any truth to the rumor that the 1000 sometimes suffers from 60
>hz hum in the output (possibly from the power supply being jammed in much
>closer in the single-space rack box?).

I've never heard hum in the output, but there is a little mechanical 60Hz
sound from some generations of Matrix 1000. A couple of theories are
coupling between the steel lid and the transformer, and just noisy
transformers.

-C

--
 http://www.xfade.com/ | theory and practice. In practice, there is.