bridge burning (was Re: electrix repeater wanted)

Sigh.  You can't make everyone happy, but you can make everyone
miserable.  I thought the intelligence here would be higher than the
mean, but boy was I wrong!  Should I spell it out?  OK!

Calling your gig with another looping musician a "Loopfest" and even
more gall enhanced, "First Loopfest EVER" now that is EGO.  Hello!  Is
anyone awake?  TAP TAP TAP IS THIS THING ON!?  If you weren't
borderline retarded, you'd realize that my one man loopfest was poking
fun at The GREAT RICK WALKER (who I actually consider a friend)  He's
got quite a healthy ego, so I thought a little poke at it would be
fine.  Since he doesn't seem to be the least bit offended, and has
actually been corresponding with me off list, I'll assume I'm right.
If I'm wrong, I guess it doesn't matter as I'm not one of his "featured
performers" and frankly the back-patting, self-congratulatory events
that loopfests actually are don't really interest me much.  I just find
it weird that you'd elevate some artists to "featured" status when the
only audience to these events are the people playing them.  Why not
just say, "good performer" and "filler" and be done with it?

OK, I'm tired of typing, and realize that unless I could somehow do a
"Flowers for Algernon" type of enhancement on you, you're not
understanding me anyway.  I don't have a big ego Tim, I'm just not dim
like yourself.  In case you haven't notice from my charming
personality, I'm not one to be in cliques.  Frankly, I thought Terry
was a cool guy and was twice the musician most of you are and probably
half the ego.  I was a bit sad when he was driven off because he was
trying to promote himself, yet when others do much worse, it seems to
go unnoticed because they're in "the looper clique."  Bah.  I'd be
humbled to do a show with him any day of the week.

And for my final bridge burning moment (boy am I done with this list!)
I'm going to finish it with a little review of Matthais' last album:

Unlistenable.  The man has absolutely no sense of rhythm at all.  Needs
to knock off the ganja and spend a month with a metronome.  Better yet,
drop the guitar for a while and work on a modern EDP and drop that
frustrated ex musician know-it-all Kim and get someone who gives a crap
to help you develop and market your (brilliant) product.

Man that felt good!  If I had to read one more steller review of that
thrown together piece of crap (the album) I was going to puke.  I'm not
saying I'm a great musician, but I'm not trying to get money for it
either.

So that's that.  The LD list has mostly been a source of anger and
bewilderment to me for a while and I should have followed my instincts
and stayed unsubscribed.  I don't have the disposition for it. LOL!

Cheerio!

Mark Sottilaro