re: EDP INERT FUN (line 6 approximation)

Thanks for the idea, Doug,

I've been using a similar trick with my Line 6 pedal (and just haven't set
up my EDP for it yet).

I record a drone or sometimes just a random loop
and then play the half speed/double speed but on the Line 6 with my foot
as a quick ostinato pattern and then solo over it.

I particularly love doing this with my melodica.   I love the fact that the
loop will scroll forward so that
the particular scalar notes that you land on (if you played a scalar based
loop)  will appear randomly
and yet you will always get the strong octave jumping that makes for a
discreet sounding rhythm.

This might take a bit of practise for the non-trapset drummer (which I'm
luck to have been for quite a while)
but like with anything..............you can get the hang of it with
practise.

Rick