Re: Looking for original TransTrem

The current US Steinbergers have a TransTrem option.  They're type 2
TT's, NOS left over from the end of the previous Gibson Steinberger
era.  Finding a type 1 TT is very difficult, since most people updated
them with type 2 parts to form a hybrid TT which made string changing a
quicker operation, and there weren't that many made.  However, if you
go to the MusicYo page to order a TT-equipped guitar, you'll see that
they're out of stock, and will apparently remain that way until Gibson
goes and does another batch of TT's.  The status and timetable of that
project is unknown, but probably not in the next six months.  S-trem
(and R-trem) equipped guitars are still available through MusicYo, at a
newly reduced price.

Okay, back to looping.  I saw Remember Shakti last night, and John
McLaughlin appeared to be using a Powerbook to generate drone loops
during the performance.

TravisH