Re: Rackmount 1-space stereo line mixers?

On Saturday, Sep 20, 2003, at 20:24 US/Eastern, Steve Ginn wrote:

> One alternative that I am working with now is the new MOTU 828 Mk II.
> It
> has 10 discrete ins (which include 2 XLR's with built in pres and 48v
> phantom power and their own individual inserts) and 8 outs (on top of
> all
> the ADAT and SPIDF digital I/O's).  The cool thing is that even though
> it is

I thought that the Mk II had 8 preamps.  Am I wrong?  I had a Mk I and
it had
two, and That was one of the major upgardes to the Mk II....  Now I
have a
MAudio 410 and it is a really nice box for someone like me that does
more stereo work than anything else.

> created as a firewire recording interface it also has the capability to
> operate as a standalone digital mixer with 4 separate busses which
> sort of
> act like a matrix mixing system.  You can bring in a series of inputs
> and
> output those to any of the outputs for processing, then bring that
> effected
> signal back into a different bus, etc., etc.  It also has a headphone
> jack
> on the front and you can even assign the headphone as the output for
> one of

Can you rout an input to more than one set of outputs, or is it just
bussing where you don't get to mix the raw signal?