Re: Line6 loopers

Could be other digital gear radiating a high frequency that's getting inducted into your unit somehow. That might explain the intermittant appearance of the problem- are there differnet assortments of gear in the places you're playing, or just your same rig?You could try those "toroid" round thingies that you wrap your audio cable (I'd try the input cable) through a few times- that's supposed to "buck" some kinds of interference. Toroid cores are cheap and should be in your tool kit. I once had one of the first ART digital reverbs, and this thing radiated so much hash, I had to re-arrange my rack a couple times. The grounded metal chassis of the thing didn't stop the radiated crap very well.

Tim F

In a message dated 9/4/03 8:31:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, JustinFobes@aol.com writes:

In a message dated 9/4/03 9:43:39 AM Central Daylight Time, goddard.duncan@mtvne.com writes:

>>Anyone having a high pitched whine on the DL4 when loop is engaged in half speed mode? <<

yeah- it's down-sampling or aliasing or something. it doesn't do it with everything, but it's much worse with other digital pedals before it- I guess that stands to reason.

d.

Well, I was able to find that it's happening only in certain rooms that I perform in, especially the one I was in last night!  But across town the night before it only happened 50% of the time, and I'm guessing that tonight should be 0% given my experiences here last week.  I cannot pinpoint it!  Perhaps there's some eletrical line interference, like a 60hz hum that manifests itself as a whine through some built in digital filter in the DL4 or something?   I really want this to stop!

-Justin
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Justin_Fobes/