Re: recent favorite Loping CDs...

   Also, heavy rotation from a band called Telectu. This is a duo from
Portugal, and they seem to be largely unknown outside of certain
European jazz circles. Not strictly looping music, but to my ears there
seems to be quite a bit on albums like Evil Metal and Theremin Tao. The
guitarist part of the duo, Victor Rua, plays this mutant 18 string
midified geetar.
   Practically the only place to find Telectu CD's is Chris Cutler's ReR
Megacorp or if you are lucky enough to live in Manhattan, Downtown
Music Gallery.

http://www.rermegacorp.com/

Probably the best English profile of Telectu is here;

http://www.atlanticwaves.org.uk/2001/Telectu.htm

Picture of Victor Rua and his guitar;

http://w1.311.telia.com/~u31114337/diarypics/VitorRua.jpg