Re: reaktor, MSP, etc

> >I'm interested - could you give examples? There are emulators for
> >practically everything these days, and I wasn't aware that anything that
> >used to be made had functionalities that we don't have any more.
> >
> well, for example, I have a few hundred custom DX-7 patches I
> programmed in Opcode's Galaxy back in the late 80's. Opcode died, and
> the Galaxy file format died with them. AFAIK, none of the modern DX
> emulators, like FM-7, etc, will import Galaxy patches. I suppose I
> could dig an old mac out of the closet, hook it up to my DX, export
> the patches a bank at a time into the DX, export them as sysex back
> to the computer., load them into DX, yeah, I'll do that the next time
> I have a free week...

Sure, that would take some time, but arguably, they aren't really gone -
you
uninstalled galaxy. In fact, there are probably quite  few people still
using it. It's not like the hardware died, and there's no replacement. It's
a pity you didn't save them as sysex messages when you stopped using that
mac, though.

 I keep hearing rumours Opcode's revival, but I'm not holding my breath...

bIz

http://www.groovetronica.com - "No offense, but a dated d&b loop with some
Holiday Inn lounge singer hardly wows me technically or talent wise, and I
could do better with a cassette deck and a microphone."