Live looping environment: Max/MSP vs NI Reaktor

Hi list,

I just heard that Max/MSP now is available for Windows. That's cool for
not bringing a G5 on the road ;-). Personally I would prefere setting up
a rather cheap PC with looping software for playing live. But then I
went to  http://www.cycling74.com/products/dlmaxmspwin.html and learned
that there are still two different, quite expensive, licenses for
running the programs on both Mac and PC - which sucks IMO. These days I
have gotten so used to multi platform licence from both Propellerheads
and Emagic (Apple).

On the other hand we have the possibilities with NI Reaktor. As I have
understood it you buy the program and can then install and run it on
either platform. On the Reaktor list I heard voices talking about "now
selling Max/MSP after trying out Reaktor". I have not had any chance yet
to go deeply into these matters, but it seems to me as if Reaktor is a
better choice if you are looking for a future software audio looper for
live application. You might have to build it yourself, though.

Any thoughts from you with more experience from these two environments?

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.looproom.com