Re: Dangerous (learning) curves (was Fast & Trashy, Slow and Chaste)

  Ted, -just want to thank you so much for saying this.   -It seems that so
often, art and music becomes some sort of competition, when by it's nature,
it's a personal expression, which, is as unique as we are.  -Everybody's
got a story to tell, and it's not a matter of one telling a "better" story
than another, but a different story.  -a personal and unique story.
  Obviously, one  might feel better with a higher level of confidence in
one's idea of one's abilities, technique and/or experience and such, but
it's important not to let that presumed fear stop you from doing what you
enjoy and need to.  -just my thoughts, of course...
  Thanks again, have a wonderful evening!...

Smiles,

Cara

At 06:18 PM 8/14/03 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>In a message dated 8/14/03 2:47:27 PM, paolovalladolid@yahoo.com writes:
>
>>He uses a MIDI guitar to communicate with a Max/MSP patch running on his
>>laptop - pretty much the same thing I was going to do.  On top of that,
>>he's so much more skilled at it ;), both with respect to guitar chops and
>>computer/Max/MSP chops.
>
>Just a thought (and my own uneducated opinion to be sure), but I'd
>suggest
>going with your original plan -- unless you really ARE better with a Palm
>Pilot
>and MIDI than your guitar. If I ever let myself be intimidated into NOT
>playing
>my primary instrument when I new there were better players present (or
>possibly even sharing the same bill) I'd never, ever play in public at
>all.
>Honest!!!
>
>In my mind, almost anybody is better than me. But, I always go ahead and
>figure
>it as a growing and learning experience . . . and a challenge to "bone up
>if
>nothing
>else . . . as well as an opportunity to conquer those fits of "nerves"
>that
>arise
>in such situations by sheer force of willpower and determination -- if
>nothing else.
>
>Do what you want -- plan A or plan B. But don't NOT do whatever the other
>alternative is simply for fear of being out-classed or out-gunned. The
>best
>learning opportunities in life are in meeting "challenge" experiences
>head-on
>and overcoming them.
>
>tEd ® kiLLiAn
>
>http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian
>http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
>http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
>http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.