Fast & Trashy

Title: Fast & Trashy
Per wrote:
I guess the "washy ambient style" is so over
represented among looping musicians only because we're kept in a
stronghold by all this gear that just takes too long time to manipulate.

Probably so. I often feel that working with my equipment during a looping gig is more demanding on my concentration than actually playing the instrument, which is a shame. I find myself quite often in a situation that I rather skip a new tune that is hard to do ON THE EDP, also because a goof on a looper is often more obviuos than a little slop on your axe....

So far with the new software in the EDP I use the standard footpedal and a TECH 21 Midi Mouse (the smallest midi pedal I came across) to switch between presets. I need to switch presets a lot because in need a lot of different functions of the INSERT button, but it's a drag to do really. Should I practise more or should I consider one of those larger Midi-pedals (yak)? Would that give me instant access to different functions of INSERT?

Andreas Willers