Re: Any tips for an "audio pitched down" device?

I tell you, I've been down this road so many times, and no matter what
I can't really love any pitch shifting octave divider devices.  The
best I've heard was a Roland VG8 (it tracked perfectly and didn't have
a noticeable latency), but you said you don't want a GK2 solution.  I
find now that I'll drag out a real bass guitar and the lug is worth it.

Yesterday, I played a gig in Berkeley where I did all the bass parts by
hand using the pads of an E-MU XL-7.  They're a bit spongy, but they're
velocity sensitive and have after-touch.  I thought it went really well
and it was nice not to have to bring a separate synth module.  The
XL-7's got 3 sets of stereo outputs so I could route some sounds
directly to the PA, and others to my Repeater.  Best of both worlds.

Mark Sottilaro