OT: Roland GI-20

Is anybody using a Roland GI-20 pitch to MIDI converter?
    I already own a Roland Ready Strat that I use with a Roland VG-8.
I'd like to be able to use the GI-20 to do MIDI sequencing with in my
Pro Tools rig as well as triggering a JV-1010 and possibly Reason.  Is
anybody using it for these applications?  How is the tracking?  I've
read that you can use an expression pedal with it.  Can use you use it
to control resonance and cutoff frequencies?

Thanks in advance for the info,
John
www.johnmazzarella.com