Re: space station

It's funny, I feel that way too.  I think I got rid of my Space Station
because it started spending more time out of my system than in it.
Sure it did a lot of cool things, but I had a lot of overlap with other
devices as well.

I find an interesting shift happening in the way I make music.  For a
long time I was in the Adrian Belew "do whatever you can to make your
guitar sound like something else" camp.  I still go there, but I find
myself using more organic and traditional sounds for a large part, and
when I want something crazy, I turn to using actual synthesis.  As time
has passed, I also find myself using my Roland GK 2/Yamaha G50 MIDI
setup less and less and using an actual keyboard as a controller.  I
found that my skill level on the keyboard didn't have the learning
curve that I thought it would, though I'm mostly doing single hand
leads or bass/pad parts.  I guess I got to a point where the limitation
of pitch/MIDI converters made the switch attractive.

Now, when I say "Organic and traditional" that doesn't mean I'm
plugging direct into a Fender Twin.  Still keep an ebow close by, and I
love my Sustainiac system coupled with a volume pedal.

Mark Sottilaro