Re: The doors of perception (was Re: Repeater latency)

>I assume the Repeater's audio delay is the same whether pitch-shifting or
>not.  Can anybody confirm this?

(Sorry for the earlier empty premail)

If it is, it is bound to be artificially made equal by design. The minimum delay (impulse response) for the pitch shift algorithm has to be much longer than for unprocessed audio. Physics say that there is less and less 'pitch' about a portion of sound the shorter you make the time interval in which you look. I think Mr Flint mentioned a minimum amount of pre-buffer that the Repeater might apply a priori to anything coming in, whether it be processed or not. The pre-buffer depth might be such that it could 'fit' the worst-case number of successive samples to allow complex ops such as pitch shift or time shift. And in doing so, also be the origin of the pass-through delay, the subject of this discussion.

Nic