Re: Echo Pro & MidiBuddy

Tim Nelson wrote:

> However, I'm noticing that the functions are different
> than described in the Line6 manual for programs
> 101-105. I actually prefer the way it's working (which
> is exactly as DG described, with most of the useful
> functions lined up on the controller's bottom row).

> The functions, rather than corresponding to their
> descriptions in the manual, are more like the
> notations on the Echo Pro's front panel.
>
> 101: seems to be Play/Stop (manual says: RPSPS)
> 102: seems to be Play/Stop (manual says: RSPSP)
> 103: does nothing (manual says: Record Only)
> 104: Stop (manual says: Overdub Only)
> 105: Record/Overdub (manual says: Stop Only)
> 106: Play/Stop (same as manual)
> 107: Play Once (same as manual)
> 108: Half Speed (same as manual)
> 109: Reverse (same as manual)

I don't think the problem is with the midibuddy, but with the line6
manual. The descriptions for prog changes 101 and 102 are accurate.
Don't forget that the looper must be reset for them to begin recording,
rather than simply toggle on/off.

The description for prog change 104 (Looper Overdub only) actually
belongs to prog 103. The description for prog 105 belongs to prog 104.
Prog 105 works just like button 1 (far left) on the DL4, which is
record/overdub/play/overdub/play/etc.

However, if you use 101 - 104, or 106 to turn the loop off, then when
you hit 105 again, it starts back at the top with record, wiping out
whatever loop was in memory.

Hope this helps.

D.G.