RE: Repeater and sync from midi in

Title: RE: Repeater and sync from midi in

>>I select MIDI as the sync source, and the tempo seems to lock fairly well
from the drum machine, but when I record the audio of the pattern from the
drum machine, the playback sounds wierd and contorted. Not DISTORTED so
much, but just out of whack, not like the actual patter sounds.

I'm not sure what's going on with this. Anyone experience this? Any ideas?<<

paul- have you noticed if the tempo changes when the repeater drops out of record into playback? I get this a lot, and have mentioned it, and thought I was on my own with it..... I mostly run my repeaters with external clock from a korg electribe box or my notron as master. the repeater will record a couple of bars of something and then drop into playback with this strange audio quality.....

on closer examination, the repeater seems to be trying, despite the external clock, to figure out the "native" tempo of the incoming audio for itself.

and it gets it wrong- in my case, it usually doubles it. so what I hear is (say) a loop that the repeater thinks is 180bpm but being played at 90bpm which is how fast the clock is running that's going up it's rear. I suspect it's something to do with the exact moment you drop it out of record, but I'll have to experiment with putting PC's into a sequencer (to replace my haphazard button pushes) and see if that improves matters. watch this space.

duncan/r.m.i

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe