Gibson Echoplex inpt level?

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone knows... on the Gibson Echoplex units (white), are
the
input resistors still the "modified" type described on the LD FAQ?  As in:

>>>Change R30 from 82.5 K to a 22.1 K 1% metal film resistor
Change R10 from 2.21 K to a 10.0 K 1% metal film resistor>>>

Mine seems to have too much gain on input to really handle a preamped
signal,
and does seem a little sluggish (but workable) on output.  Of course the
input was also totally fried when I bought it, so I'm always wondering if
the
distortion I hear on input is some kinda residual "stuff" from that repair
job.  I
seem to be able to get distortion without the input LED even turning
anything
other than green.

Thanks for any info,
Tom