Re: More DD-20 questions...

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 08:06  PM, mark wrote:
> OK, what if I took a DD-20 and used it in delay mode in the effect
> loop of a mixer.  I could tap out a say 15 sec delay and put it on
> 100% feedback while I was building up a nice ambient loop.  Then, when
> I no longer wanted to add to the loop, I could turn down my send to 0.
>  Loop continues and I play over it.  Then when I'm ready for the loop
> to start changing again, I bring the feedback down to say 50% and
> bring my send up to 100%.  When I hear something I like, I bring the
> feedback up to 100% and turn down the send again.  This would work,
> wouldn't it?

yes, but i'd bet you'd get lots of noise build-up, though.

i'd use the input volume on the unit if i could. if it has one.

i'm currently looping with a PCM-80, and i have to be careful with the
noise thing on that as well. the input gate on the EDP was quite a
genius move.

---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com