RE: footswitchable series/parallel signal routing schemes

     Hello Will,

     Thanks for the mini treatise on Y-cords and series/parallel routing.
This is the main reason
I'm on this list, to tap into the collective knowledge of this group.

     Currently I'm using a Mackie 1604 VLZ as my router/switcher.  Not the
most economical piece
of gear, though it does do most of what I want and need it to do and does
so fairly quietly.  I'm
running a keyboard and various sound modules and/or a guitar through my
bank of Electrix gear,
including the mighty Repeater.  With the flexibility offered by the
Mackie, I have separate sends
to the Repeater, Mo-FX/Filter Factory, and Warp Factory (stereo source
sends and mono formant
send).  Each unit then comes back into the Mackie on a pair of channels to
be rerouted or sent to
the main mix.  I assume this is what you mean by parallel routing?  The
fun part is being
sufficiently clearheaded to not create electronic feedback (or to do so
intentionally) while
rerouting stuff live.  There are times when I'm playing the mixer and
sound manglers as much or
more than I'm playing my instrument.

     Foot pedals are not important to how I work, I prefer the button
presses and volume faders to
be within easy reach and controlled with my fingers which are far more
sensitive and accurate than
my feet.  Pristine sound is very important.  So is multiple routing
options.  If all this could be
found on a compact mixer, that would be great.  Something tells me that it
can't and that's why I
have a 16 channel mixer with multiple sends.

<<<<I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in the response to the
ultimate mixer question I posted. Isn't there anyone that wants hassle
free control over their live remix?>>>>

     Short of hauling the extra gear to gigs and rehearsals, this is a
pretty hassle free setup.
If there are less expensive or more compact ways of doing the same thing,
I'd love to hear about
them.

     Stephen