Re: Bassloop,the CD.

I'd be doing a solo real-time bass-only track although with any luck
it won't sound like it.

I like the "made in real-time" distinction somewhat more than the
"bass only" constraint, partially because I just got a new Roland
GI-20 pitch-to-midi converter and am having fun layering Korg Z1
sounds over the bass and might want to feel free to use that. Since
all fingers involved are only touching bass strings, I'd suggest it's
all still bass, but at some point it's hard to say and I won't
nitpick.

btw, I was camping in Yosemite last week. I brought my recording
gear, laptops and some small instruments with hopes of doing some
LocationLooping. First it was incredibly noisy in the park, then my
van broke down and is now in a shop near, of all places, Bass Lake.
If the timing works out, I'll take my bass with me when I go to pick
up the van and record there...

best,

Alex