Re: MiniDisc suggestions

I've been looking for moderately related recording hardware: I'd like to
find something that would take an SPDIF input (preferably at better than
16-bits), record it, and then provide an easy way to transfer the results
back to a computer (Mac). I've been thinking of getting something like the
ART DI/O box as a converter but I then need to go the next step on
recording.

It would mean living with 16-bit, but I've considered CD-R recorders. Does
anyone have feedback on those?

Portability would be nice but isn't vital.

Mark