Re: MiniDisc suggestions

Hi Richard,

I've been using a sharp MT-770 for field recording with good results.

Pluses are - good sound quality
                    decent battery life
                        adjustable recording volume

Since I do not use a computer for music production at this time, I am
not sure what the
best method to transfer music might be. I believe that their is a USB
option.
If I'm not mistaken you are a Mac user, so one method of transfer would
be to run the
headphone out directly into your Mac.

Another option would be to buy a stand alone home unit to connect to
your audio
system/ computer. The advantage here is that most home units offer
better output
options.
I'm using the Sony model JE470. I think that this model cost less than
$200.00.

The advantage of this system is, that you can simply take your recorded
minidisc
and pop it into a audio system. This set-up will allow you to bypass
such things as
headphones and the need to interface the remote unit with your main
system.

You might give this link a try.
http://minidisco.com/

Good luck.