Re: Joshua Redman and the Repeater

> I wonder if Sam Yahel is trapped in the same place about looping bass
lines
> as I am about having no lines on my fingerboard.  Some silly macho jazz
> aesthetic about if it ain't played live it ain't real, or if it's got
lines
> you're cheating.

well he's clearly trained in that B3 style of lefthand/footpedal bassline
playing, which is cool, except, since when are there rules in music???
guidelines yes, but rules no!

btw, I think the "background overdubs" on elastic is actually done live
with
a harmonizer.  Unless you're referring to something different than I heard.
Joshua did do this live as well.
Jon