Re: Frisell -> essential loop recordings

Bill Frisell/Kermit Driscoll/Joey Baron - Live

Bill Frisell is one of those musicians that are so good that they make it
look easy.  He never plays any blazing runs, but he has such control of
the
guitar, musicality and beautiful tone, that you can't help but be
impressed.  And the more you listen, the more you are impressed.

This extends to his looping, which is so seamless and natural you
sometimes
don't even notice it.  Sounds will mysteriously pop out of nowhere in the
middle of a solo, to the point that many would assume they are overdubbed.

While most Frisell recordings have plenty of examples of his looping, this
live set, generally considered to be one of his best recordings (and a
great example of the incredible, almost telepathic, interplay between
these
three fabulous musicians), leaves you in no doubt as to where those
ambient
sounds in the background are coming from.

--
ernesto schnack
http://www.stringboy.net