Re: essential loop recordings

Title: Re: essential loop recordings
was going thru old messages and found michael's (below)

I have to nominate talking heads remain in light  as a seminal record .

I've never read up on it, so maybe I'm wrong, but the grooves on that
album are so tight and machine-precise that I'm sure they used looped phrases
to put the songs together.

maybe some of you musicologist types know more?

what's amazing about that record is you listen to it now (recorded in early 80's, I think), and it still sounds contemporary.

dan

http://www.envelopeproductions.com