Re: Suck because you're Looping ?

?!  Uh, I never said that Phil Keaggy would perfer a JamMan over an
echoplex.  (I don't even know him or his music) However, I can
speculate that he liked the very simple elegant interface the JamMan
uses.  The reason I liked it is because all I had to do is tap once to
start my loop, and then it would count a preset amount of beats
(clocked to MIDI) and then go out of record.  Instant loop synced to a
MIDI clock.  All new loops would also match up and you could toggle
between them like an EDP.  I know you can kind of do that using
quantize functions on the EDP, but I've tried it and it's not the same.

However, the fidelity of the EDP is way better than the JamMan and if
money was no object, dual EDPs would be the way to go.

I've kind of grown hooked to the way the Repeater can chase a clock
that changes.  The JamMan and EDP can't sync to a clock that changes
tempo.

Mark Sottilaro