Re: Eberhard's intonation...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Lawson" <steve@steve-lawson.co.uk>

> > Ah...thanks for explainiing a bit more. It's tricky playing
> > high notes on fretless bass, but a hell of a lot easier than
> > on a fretless guitar! I rarely play on that part of the neck on my
> > fretless guitar.
> >
> > I depend on the dots on the side of the neck. That's enough for me.
>
> Clearly it's enough for you to play in the lower part of the neck, but if
> you wanted to access those top notes, lines might be the way to go...

Oh...I just haven't worked on hitting those notes, plus
the fretless guitar doesn't exactly sing up there.
Bottom line: I haven't been practicing the damm thing.

I spend almost all my time on the JI gtr., this afternoon
I'm playing with the fretless bass, loads of fun, loop heaven.

> The most amazing fretless musician I've ever seen from an intonation
>point
> of view is Ned Evett - a fretless guitarist from Boise Idaho (who opened
for
> Satch on tour last year) - he plays a fretless guitar, with a glass
unmarked
> fingerboard, and ONE SIDE DOT at the 12 fret - and then plays chords in
> tune... remarkable. And a very nice guy, and a v. fine singer/songwriter
> too... well worth checking out - www.nedevett.com

I know him. We did a bit of hanging out at NAMM a few years ago.
Idaho? I thought he lived in S.California. As I
remember, he sounds like Steve Vai on a fretless guitar.

> as for me, once again I say, lines every time :o)

Hey...whatever works.  That's what the most important.

* David Beardsley
* microtonal guitar
* http://biink.com/db