Re: Bassloop,the CD.

At 8:53 PM +0100 6/25/03, scott kungha drengsen wrote:
>So,We have a wonderful list of contributers.And I'm very excited to
>hear everyones work.The "problem" is that with 19 people we would all be
>limited to a little over 3 minutes...So how would people feel about a
>Volume I "plays well alone" -limited to solo bass created in real
>time.-and Volume II "plays well with others"-other musicians,drum
>machines,overdubs,computers, etc-???!!!
>  I'm not sure this would result in an even division of our talents but,I
>suspect it will..
>I need to know if;
>1. This sounds good to everyone
>2.If you are more into doing a track for I or II
>  (I have thought of other options,so has Dave Talento, and this seems to
>be the most inclusive and potentially interesting to bassists and
>loopists.I guese we'll see how this works out)

Well, since I never perform solo bass (hell, I almost never play bass
solos in bands even), I was looking at the bass loop cd as a
challenge to make me come up with a solo loop piece for the disc. But
now with the "plays well with others" option, it'd be more in my
"comfort zone" to produce a collaborative piece. So, I guess I have
to decide how much I want to be challenged. Not a bad dilemma to
face :-)