Re: Frippertronics and Soundscapes

Rappers delight by the Sugar Hill Gang, it changed my musical tastes
forever
from AC/DC and GOR into a whole new world of eclectic music.

A hip hop a hibby
a hibby dibby hip hip hoppin
you don't stop the rockin
til the bad man boogie
say up jump the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie to be..

Now what you see is not a test....

I used to be able to quote the full 15 minutes but I have much more weighty
things competing for headspace now :) some of it makes sense, some to me is
just rhymes but I suppose not being from a 'hood doesn't help.

Great track on a mediocre album (IIRC), not sure how much looping was
involved though  GM Flash & the wheels of steel makes it to the essential
list which pleases me.  I still have both these on vinyl, shame I have no
turntable.

Anyway, sorry for waxing nostalgically

Paul
Paul Marshall
Portfolio Sound Artist
http://www.powerhaus.net
http://www.drumdojo.com
http://www.differentdrums.co.uk
NI Facilitator for the Da Capo Foundation
www.dacapo.co.uk
Drumdojo Recommended link For June 2003
Percussion of Persia http://tinyurl.com/ddbg