Re: essential loop recordings

I'm sorry, but I'm going to be less sensitive, articulate and forgiving
than
Andre, Kim, and others on this list have been.

Terry, you sound like quite an egomaniac.  It seems like the concepts that
were (are?) being discussed - namely, what technical or artistic aspects of
loop based recordings have been influential on us - passed right through
your skull, and translated into a request to tell us how great you, Robert
Fripp, and some magazines think you are.

I've listened to your stuff.  Great chops...  no offense, and of course
this
is my opinion, but I find it bland and lifeless.  Andre seems to like it
tho. :)

Finally, I was a bit shocked with your posts earlier this month, in which
you tried to pass backhanded judgement on Robert Fripp's demeanor and his
attitude towards his fans.  Not that I'm shocked that he has (does, will,
can) behave that way.  I know he does.  And really, who cares?  Instead, I
was shocked that someone with personal connection to an artist would take
time to personally attack him in a very public forum.

But now, it sort of makes sense.  I can see that your motivations are much
more geared to the more shallow aspects of personal popularity, and less so
towards true artistry.

Ultimately, you've hurt even that goal with many of us, I'm sure.  Imagine
how I see you now - as a needy high school kid, nudging his buddies and
telling them how Mr. Fripp said you're better than that dumb ole Belew guy.
And how you were the only guy, besides Dr. Fripp, looping guitar in the
80s.
All of this, while you also admit you didn't know who David Torn was until
few weeks ago, and you clearly have trouble understanding how to use a
basic
rack mounted device after reading the manual 6 times.

I know, I know.  Play nice.  Or maybe I'm just in a bad mood.  But damn -
you are quite a jerk.

Doug