Re: essential loop recordings

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:57:04 -0700, Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com>
wrote:
> Bill Frisell is another name mentioned very often as an influence by
> loopers. It seems like he should be in the essential list for that
> reason. What are some other significant looping albums of his?

I think what sets Frisell apart is how integrates his looping into his
"normal" playing, so it'd probably be better to use an album where he is
playing with other musicians.  Maybe one of the trio albums with Joey
Baron
and bass-player-whose-name-i-forget?  I think those are all late 80's
though.  I'm not even sure if he was even using loops back then, but he
was
definitely using them in the first Naked City album.

--
ernesto schnack
http://www.stringboy.net